Community Development Internship
The National Latina Business Women Association Inland Empire Institute is seeking a Community Development Intern based in the Inland Empire, CA.
Bilingual Community Development Intern (English/Spanish) has a passion for serving in the public sector and community engagement. An ideal candidate will want to gain experience in community, economic, and business development in underserved communities. The Community Development Intern helps NLBWA-IE enrich the lives of Latina Entrepreneurs through educational and social programs that align with the Vision and Mission of the organization. Assignments are expected to be carried out under limited supervision within the office or remotely, therefore only candidates with sound judgment, time management skills, and internal motivation should apply.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Organic outreach to public interest groups, prospective members to engage with community leaders
- The candidate will research and investigate existing corporate and government buyers and suppliers, and collaborate with supplier diversity and small business advocates within our pilot procurement program
- Support in the efforts of economic development projects in Inland Empire, CA, redevelopment initiatives, and social program development.
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of local, state, and federal government offices and programs is needed
- Develop and draft internal and external documents and materials to build or retain relationships with donors, volunteers, community members, and other supporters of the NLBWA-IE
- Coordination of existing fundraising efforts while exploring new approaches to generate support
- Ability to convey the vision of NLBWA-IE and its strategic future to its stakeholders
- A proactive, pro-solutions professional dedicated to increasing awareness of NLBWA-IE’s mission
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Associate’s degree, completed coursework or equivalent experience in Business Administration; Management; Marketing; Communications; Philanthropy/Non-Profit; Sociology; Economics; and/or Leadership
- Seek to gain hands-on experience in grassroots community development within a national Women’s organization
- Energetic and enthusiastic outlook for helping minority-owned businesses
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation
- Demonstrated customer service skills including, patience and professionalism in telephone and email correspondence
- Ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with colleagues, volunteers, donors, stakeholders, and Board Members.
- Functional proficiency with technology and software such as Microsoft Office suite: Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint, Canva, Google Business Workspace, WordPress, Eventbrite, Zoom, Google Meets, WebEx, etc.
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- Serving Monday-Friday: Business hours 8 AM- 5 PM
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-100% of the time
- Reliable vehicle and current auto insurance
- Willingness to travel as necessary for administrative tasks, meetings, and program events (maximum distance between chapters)
- Availability to adjust the schedule to work occasional evenings and Saturdays
- Comfortable using and maintaining office technology and software
- Remote work opportunities when profession/roles permit and do not require teamwork.
- Certificate of Internship Completion (160-course hours per semester/quarter)
- Scholarship value of $2,200 toward BU
- Student Membership (Value $35.00)
- Travel/Commuting Reimbursement +/- 20%
- Remote work benefits
How to Apply:
- Submit application below
- Send resume or major writing/project sample and cover letter below